Saturday, October 07, 2006

Another job possibility - even better than the other one!

I checked my federal application status page online today and discovered that my resume is being forwarded onto the selection official for ANOTHER position I applied for! This one is a GS7 job, and more to the point is PERFECT for me:

Major Duties: Serves as the Army Community Service Division (ACS) Education and Training Coordinator. Incumbent is responsible for providing a full range of training and education, prevention and awareness, direct services, administration and evaluation regarding the development of life skills and coping skills for the military lifestyle. Coordinates the planning and evaluation and monitors execution of all ACS programs. Conducts annual training assessment and identifies long and short-term training needs. Identifies target groups and develops local program plans, methods and procedures to meet the needs of all levels on the installation. Assists and monitors execution of training forecasts and provides advice and guidance to management relative to training needs, requirements, or mission objectives. Identifies program areas in need of revision to improve understanding and provide emphasis where needed. Maintain system to track and report on overall program effectiveness and achievement of goals.

About the Position: Serves as the Army Community Service Division (ACS) Education and Training Coordinator. Incumbent in this position is responsible for providing a full range of training and education, prevention and awareness, direct services, administration, evaluation, regarding the development of life skills and coping skills for the military lifestyle. Work under the supervision of the Employment Readiness Program Manager. Work will be performed in an office setting, in a classroom or auditorium conducting briefings before/after and during the normal duty hours. Tour of duty will be irregular. Duties require a valid drivers license and must be able to transport training and briefing materials.

Some things I can do already with one hand tied behind my back. Others I can do, but with a little more effort - in other words, something I'll need to challenge myself to learn and do well. Not just some super easy job that I'll get bored with in the first few weeks.

I have no idea how long it may take to hear anything next. On the one hand, I'm not a very patient person. On the other, the longer it takes the better, since I won't be completely available to work until after July 4th.

In the job description, it mentions that I'd be working under the supervision of the Employment Readiness Program Manager. I've actually been working with this very woman to apply to jobs around the area. She knows me way better than just what my resume says. Now, we're not buddies or anything, but since it helps to know the right people in places like this, the fact that she KNOWS who I am may really help me! Here's hoping, anyway.

*crossing my fingers*

(Did I mention that it's a GS7 position??! Wahoo!!)

Originally posted: Tuesday March 7, 2006 - 02:34pm

No comments:

Post a Comment