Our choices are bad and worse. Without any treatment, he has maybe a couple of weeks. With predisone, a little bit longer. We (and the vet) feel he has enough quality of life to not put him down immediately, so we're going with the prednisone to shrink the tumor (if it works) to give him some more room to breathe.
Pretty soon, though, we're going to have to put him down. Of course it's also Christmas, and I don't want to do it too close to the holiday. We'll have to see how much the prednisone helps and make that decision when it's time.
The boys have been told. Justin is a wreck. Kaden just keeps drawing pictures of him over and over. One for each of us, one for Riley, and I think one for the fridge.
What a difference a day makes.