Saturday, October 28, 2006

In FANTASTIC news -Justin's boy scout troop has this camping thing this weekend.

Now, there was no way in the world I was going to take Kaden camping, let alone with the colder temps we've had recently (down to freezing). So it just wasn't going to happen.

Earlier this week, we had a pack meeting. Chase's mom told me that she'd watch Justin on the trip. So I asked if it was possible to pay late. Nope.

BUT, another boy/father that had signed up ended up having to pull out (bad report card - I'm proud of the father for pulling his son out of the weekend like he said he would do) so Justin was able to take their slot!! He was SO over-the-moon excited!

Chase got a new tent that sleeps two and he'd already told anyone who would listen that he's sharing it with Justin. That should be interesting. (The parents sleep right next to the boys...)Since they're left EARLY this morning, Chase's mom (hereafter referred to as Carmen) picked them both up from school on Friday. I swung by later last night to drop of J's stuff. He spent the night at their house before getting up at the butt-crack of dawn.

He'll have SO much fun. They'll have BB guns (yeah, I'm not too thrilled with that, but they have qualified adults running each event) and all kinds of other boy scouty type stuff. He'll get these metal loop things to go on his belt. Maybe a patch or two? I don't know how it works.

And the best part? I get the weekend at home to myself (well, Kaden is here). Darrell is out in the field too with his Soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment