Friday, December 15, 2006

Food, real food!

Kaden is finally eating 'real' food!! It started Tuesday night. He was in a chipper mood, I hadn't tried in a while, and I had some time. So, I mixed up a little rice cereal with some formula and gave it a try. For the first time, he didn't scream! I'm not sure if he liked it, but he wasn't screaming. And he was doing a great job of swallowing! By this time he'd eaten about half of what I'd prepared, so I mixed in some sweet potatoes to give some flavor now that he'd figured out how to swallow. He ate almost the whole thing!

The next day at daycare, he had almost a half cup of cereal and fruit mixed together. And on Thursday, he ate both breakfast and lunch. Wow, when he goes for it, he goes for it. *laugh* I haven't wanted to push THREE meals on him so fast, so I haven't tried again at home. I'll get the chance to see how far he's come on Saturday.

He's also working on crawling. By no means is he there yet, but he's starting to practice some of the pieces. He can also sit up by himself for a long time, although he still tips over here and there.

My little baby is growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment