Sunday, September 02, 2007

Another day in the life of our family...

Tomorrow is a "big adventure day" as Justin is calling it. I hope he's not disappointed; we're just going for a little walk in some semi-woods. But, we'll hopefully end up at the top of a hill overlooking the city. He's bringing his camera, so that should be fun.

We went to the park yesterday - Kaden's first time! He was a little unsure about the sand the first time he fell down. And of course got some in his eyes... Wanted nothing to do with the swings, but enjoyed going down the little slide (first two times with me, the third time on his own - although I was holding his hands since I didn't know how fast it was). He got pretty overheated, judging by the red cheeks, but I wanted him in pants so he didn't scrape up his legs crawling around.

Today was fairly laid back. The boys and I went to the cell phone store to change my SC to a KS number. We sang the new number over and over in the car on the way back. I'll ask Justin tomorrow if he can remember it. I bet he will - he has a mind like a steel trap. Sam and her kids came over for awhile. Then we went to dinner at Applebees (where it took entirely too long for them to bring our food - don't they understand how hard it is to keep FIVE children happy and not screaming?!?), then came back here so Sam could help me decide where to hang my pictures on the walls. I need one or two largish posters/pictures/something for the big walls, but we have all the small walls basically finished.

Oh, we got to the cell phone place about 30 minutes before it opened, so we went to the nearby Target to waste some time. They had my favorite t-shirts on sale! Woo hoo! And some shorts I've been looking for, also on sale. Amazingly enough, I'm now a size 4. Boggles my mind. I still see myself as an 8/10, but hey, can't argue with the shorts if they fit. It's weird how our minds refuse to believe what they see in the mirror and on the tag. (Yes, I know - stores are adjusting the sizes so what is a 4 now used to be an 8 ten years ago, I get it...) I don't care, as long as I can find clothes that fit.

J and I are going to need a LOT of new clothes for this winter. He's grown probably four inches and I've lost three sizes. He's easy (except finding pants that are long enough in the leg, but small enough in the waist). I'm not. I'm so picky with my clothes. I tend to buy the same boring solid t-shirts and turtlenecks. I need that "What Not To Wear" experience. I'll gladly ditch all of my clothes for someone to break me out of my boring solid dark colors rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment