Tuesday, March 03, 2009

It's the little things...

Part of moving a lot means finding new establishments to do business with every time you move.  Today's frustration ~ finding a place that will cut Kaden's hair.

Now, this sounds easy enough on the surface.  His hair is too long.  Take him to HairCutzRUs and get it cut.  Well, no.  He's two.  He hates getting his hair cut.  Doing it the 'normal' way amounts to torture.  Seriously.

Last time, a friendly hair stylist (Great Clips near the Target in Manhattan, KS) suggested cutting Kaden's hair while he was sitting on the floor playing with his toys.  It was a total success.  He only fussed a little bit and I had the lady cut his hair as short as she could get it.  I tipped quite well, Kaden was happy, and I looked forward to a repeat performance the next time.  I had hoped that we could slowly wean him into the 'normal' way.  A few pain-free haircuts and we'd be scot free!

Alas, we moved before we could try it again.

Today, I went to another Great Clips.  It was practically empty.  Perfect, or so I thought.  There were two ladies working.  One had a customer, the other wasn't busy.  We went in, I explained what we needed, and asked if there would be anyone there who was willing to try it.  She looked unhappy about the idea and went to talk to her manager in the back.  When she came back out, she explained that they'd be unable to meet my request because 'it would be unsanitary.'  

Now listen, I wasn't asking/demanding/requiring her to do it.  If she wasn't willing, at least she could have asked the other lady working.  But no, she didn't even give that a chance, just when whining to her manager.

Um, I'm not asking you to eat your dinner off the floor, merely kneel down for a few minutes while MY SON sits on the floor.  My toddler son who has his hands on anything and everything during the day and is constantly sticking things in his mouth anyway.  My request.  I'm perfectly willing to deal with whatever might be unsanitary on your floor.

Grrr.  Fine.  

I'll try that store one more time another day in hopes to find someone else willing.  It's convenient.  It's cheap (I even had a coupon for $6.99 today).  And it was another Great Clips employee who even gave me the idea in the first place, for cryin' out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment