Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Job prospects...

I'm on the referral list for two positions right now.  I have an interview on Friday for the one I prefer.  Haven't heard yet if I'll get an interview for the other.

I'll give more information if/when I get the job.  For now, though, I'm super excited but not all that hopeful about the one I prefer.  And much more hopeful but not all that excited about the other.

But, either would be better than what I'm doing now.  I was hired as an intermittent secretary.  Intermittents are used to fill temporary positions - someone is out on maternity or military leave, or someone was promoted and they haven't hired a new person yet, that sort of thing.  I'm not guaranteed full time hours, although so far I've worked 40 hours/week.  I don't get paid for federal holidays or earn vacation or sick leave.  I've already worked at IT, Fiscal, and Facilities Management.  I never know when I'll be moved.  No fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment