Saturday, December 29, 2012

Achalasia update

I last posted on this about a year ago.

Things are... ok.  I'll never be normal again, and I'm starting to think I'll never eat a meal without problems again.  That being said, it's not bad.  As long as I don't try to eat without a drink, it's fine.  Try to eat even something as slippery as mac & cheese without a drink, though, and it sticks.

I did go to Cleveland Clinic.  Had all the tests, even the dreaded manometry, again.  The GI doc did a dilation during the EGD, but it didn't seem to help.  Still, I'm glad to know my esophagus isn't getting stretched out.  I was prescribed Prilosec for a while to heal some erosions.  I made sure to take the meds longer than he said to (but still far less than the refills he included) to make sure everything was good and healed.  I'll probably just make sure to go in once or twice a year for a look-see, and hope things stay as they are...

It won't get better, but I'd really like to not get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment