Saturday, October 07, 2006

A new job!!

Lots of good news today.

I officially accepted the GS3 job! I in-process on Monday. I have a long list of questions and stuff to talk about during that process (ie vacation time already scheduled, maternity leave, etc...), but I'll deal with that then. I'm thrilled to have an income again!

However, I still haven't heard anything about that GS7 position. If I get called for an interview, I have no idea what I'll do. I don't want to mess up my career before it really gets started, but the prospect of making $15k more can't be ignored, plus the experience at a higher level can help me get an even higher position when we move. This possibility is one of the many things I'd like to discuss when I in-process next week.

In non-employment news, I found out today while registering my car in South Carolina that non-resident military members do not have to pay property taxes on their vehicles! So once it was all said and done, and both vehicles were processed and paid for, we saved about $500. I'm very happy with that.

I also have an announcement to make: the baby's name is more than likely (it's still not set in stone, but certainly pencilled in ready to be chiseled) going to be Kaden Anthony. I've been working on setting up his new room this past week, so once I put up some stuff I got today, I'll take pictures and show you. It's now less than two months until the day of delivery! In fact, we're at 30 weeks today, with his c-section scheduled for 38 weeks and 1 day. Time is flying by...

Originally posted: Tuesday March 28, 2006 - 12:59pm

No comments:

Post a Comment