Saturday, October 07, 2006

Update...


What's been going on... Hmmm.

Justin is having a blast in first grade. The first parent-teacher conferences are on Friday. This is good. The words Justin is to be working on in class are things like: is, that, on, a, the. The words Justin is reading at home are things like: fantastic, squiggly, scrumptious, clever. See the disconnect here?? Yeah. I got him a time and money workbook for fun (yes, my child likes to learn for fun! ) and he's zooming through it. It's a second grade workbook. He's brilliant. Hehe.

Kaden is smiling like CRAZY. Such a little happy boy! He's able to put his hands together now. And loves to chew on his fists. He'll shove a whole hand in there. Might be time to start thinking about cereal soon. I want to hold off until his 4-month well baby visit for that. He's able to reach and grab something. He loves to sit up, so I got him a bumbo seat. Check out this link to watch him in it. I love that thing!

Darrell has a new bunch of soldiers. This group is going to need a LOT of work. They had their first PT test yesterday and only one passed. Out of 40-ish soldiers, only a few others even came close. The rest are far, far behind. He's already noticed a couple of good soldiers-in-the-making, so that helps his morale level some.

I picked up a new responsibility at work while a co-worker is out for a few weeks. I now handle all the AWOL and DFR paperwork for trainees on post. Mwah-ah-ah! Actually, it's not that glamorous. But, I like being busy, so pile it on! I seriously wish I had about four times the work that I currently have. *sigh* I really need to talk to my boss about it. Now may be a good time, since another co-worker wasn't keeping up, so some of his responsibilities were portioned out to two of the other three ladies that do the same job I do. The fourth handles the airborne stuff. So now if I complain that I don't have enough to do, it's not like I'm saying the other ladies are slow. If you follow what I mean. That's why I hadn't brought it up before now. Nothing quite like the new girl saying the job is too easy, making the 'old timers' look bad.
So that's what's up with the family...

Originally posted: Tuesday September 12, 2006 - 08:55pm

No comments:

Post a Comment