Monday, October 09, 2006

What to do...

I got a letter from J's teacher, inviting him into an enrichment program after school for Wednesdays and Thursdays. It's from 3:30 to 4:30. Pretty awesome!

The problem? They don't provide transportation. If we enroll him, the lady (April) that watches him in the afternoon would have to make two trips to the school - first to pick up her daughter when class gets out, then again to pick up Justin. She already does it on Mondays (the other way around) because her daughter is in dance lessons.

I could have him go from there to the after-school 'babysitting' program. Only problem is Justin can't stand it. All they do is yell at the kids. Seriously. And I don't know if I can pay for only two days a week anyway. I certainly wouldn't have him there every day.

I have to turn in the permission slip soon. I might go in this afternoon to talk with his teacher and see what we can do... I'd really like him to have this opportunity.

But first I need to call April and see if her daughter was invited. That could be awkward... If she IS, problem solved. I'm pretty sure she wasn't, or April probably would have brought it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment