Thursday, February 05, 2009

A bit of good and a bit of blah...

The good: Kaden is doing MUCH better.  Woo!

The blah: I stopped by the new place this afternoon.  They've ripped out all the carpet!  Now, this is good as we'll get new carpet in the bedrooms and the stairs.  It's also good because we'll have laminate wood floors on the upstairs hallway and the whole downstairs.  However, it's bad in that we have two young boys who make a lot of noise.  We're going to be sharing walls (it's a townhouse) and I have a feeling our neighbors would have prefered us having wall-to-wall carpeting.  *laugh*

Also, my job stuff appointment didn't go as well as I'd hoped.  Basically, I had a crappy paying GS-3 job at Ft Jackson.  Even though I'm qualified up to a GS-9 (depending on the job), they can only offer me the equivalent of a GS-3 with this spousal priority placement thing they have going.  I have to apply and compete for anything better.  Uh, yeah.  That will definitely be happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment