Monday, February 02, 2009

So much going on...

I have all intentions of reviving this thing.  If you read it, please leave comments from time to time so I know I'm not talking to myself.

The latest news...

Darrell should find out his duty unit today or tomorrow.  This will determine when he deploys next.  It shouldn't be until 2010 at the earliest.  By that time, President Obama's withdrawal timeline may play into when Darrell leaves (and to where).

I'm unemployed and hating it.  Yes, we can go quite a long time on just Darrell's income alone.  However, I've never not worked unless I've been a full time student.  Yes, I have my thesis to write, an individual study class to work on, and a project to finish, but I need to work.  For ME.  I should be finding some information out tomorrow about how I fit into the 'spousal priority placement' program.  Here's hopin'...  While I'm looking for a civilian gig, I'm hoping to find something within the federal government I can make a career out of.  The best case scenario would be to get involved in the geospatial intelligence community, but I doubt that will happen at this duty station.  Until then, I want something I enjoy that has some upward mobility potential.

Justin is enjoying his new school so far.  He's going to school on post, so all the kids are used to being the 'new kid' at school.  He makes friends so easily (although he's terrible with names) that I'm not worried about him.  We signed him up for the after-school program; luckily one of his classmates goes to the same place so J's all set there.  

However, all is not well in Kaden's world.  So far, he absolutely hates his new day care.  I know he'll learn to enjoy it, but for now it's a painful experience all around.  He's hardly eating, he cries off and on all day, and it breaks my heart.  Still, he'll have to get used to it eventually, as I do plan to be working full time soon.  I'm very surprised he's having such a hard time.  It's only been a couple of days, and Darrell and I are hoping he adjusts sooner rather than later.

For the time being, we're staying at an extended stay place until we sign for our on-post townhouse.  It's essentially a small apartment.  They allow pets, so we only boarded Cammi and Mo for one night.  Thank goodness, as I imagine we'd have been murdered in our sleep if we'd had to leave them there the full three weeks we thought we might have to.  Cammi especially was not pleased when we picked them up the next morning.  She even growled at me.  And I'm her favorite!

It is absolutely beautiful here.  We love living near the mountains!!  We've had a little snow, a few warm (60+) days, and a lot in between.  Every morning, I take a moment to admire our natural surroundings; it's a heck of a lot different from Kansas!!

1 comment:

  1. Now I have another reason to visit Colorado sometime. :) It is cool to see the mountians all the time, although I don't miss them as much as I thought I would.

    Hope you find a job soon. :)

    ReplyDelete